I customize your workshop or presentation based on your needs, topics of interest and time parameters. Topics can include: The Thinking & Feeling Connection, Stress Busting Breathing Techniques, Stress Releasing Acupressure Points and How tapping your body's energy points (using the Emotional Freedom Technique) can work for you. All workshops directly support the Health & Life Skills and CALM Curriculum and builds on current content. Click here to request a chart that outlines the specific Alberta Curriculum connections.
Some examples of workshops I have done in the past include: (please note: this is not a comprehensive list)
Connect to your Calm - Learn 15 Techniques
Learn 15 simple tools to help deal with stress. This comprehensive workshop teaches students a variety of things they can do when they are feeling overwhelmed, frustrated or stressed out at school or at home.
- For Grades 5 and up
- Students will receive a workbook and teachers will be sent follow up activities to review & reinforce what they learned.
Connect to your Calm - Just Breathe
- For Grades Kdg and up
- 30-40 minute workshop
- Learn why deep breathing is important, how it works and practice atleast 4 different techniques.
- Depending on the grade, each student will receive a craft or a handout.
Connect to your Calm - For Teacher & School Staff Wellness
Overwhelmed by ever growing to - do lists or giant stacks of marking (or both)? Having trouble falling asleep at night? Learn simple and effective ways to create moments of calm so that life doesn't feel so overwhelming. Best thing is some of these techniques you can use with your students as well. A calm learning environment equals an effective learning environment ... let's make it happen!
- Great session for Professional Development Days
- Time is spent exploring how to incorporate some of the techniques into the classroom.
- 3 hour workshop
- All particpants recieve a workbook and access to my newsletter.